Pages

Friday, May 13, 2011

Katy Perry Vanity Fair June 2011


 Katy Perry is looking amazing as she graces the cover of Vanity Fair’s June issue. Inside the magazine, the beautiful singer opens up on her childhood and religious beliefs, but she also talks about her career, her marriage to Russell Brand and the photo he tweeted of her without makeup in the middle of the night.


 On her childhood: “I think sometimes when children grow up, their parents grow up. Mine grew up with me. We coexist. I don’t try to change them anymore, and I don’t think they try to change me. We agree to disagree. They’re excited about [my success]. They’re happy that things are going well for their three children and that they’re not on drugs. Or in prison.”


 About religion she says: “I have always been the kid who’s asked ‘Why?’ In my faith, you’re just supposed to have faith. But I was always like…why? At this point, I’m just kind of a drifter. I’m open to possibility…. My sponge is so big and wide and I’m soaking everything up and my mind has been radically expanded. Just being around different cultures and people and their opinions and perspectives. Just looking into the sky.”


 About the photo that Brand tweeted of her without makeup: “We were just messing around. I didn’t really care. I mean, when I go to rehearsals I look like that. I’m every woman. It takes a village to make me who I am…. You don’t have to wake up looking like, you know, Gisele.”

 
 On her fans, her music and personal life:
“I don’t care what people say about my relationship; I don’t care what they say about my boobs. People are buying my songs; I have a sold-out tour. I’m getting incredible feedback from my music.”

 
 About her career she says:
“My career is like an artichoke. People might think that the leaves are tasty and buttered up and delicious, and they don’t even know that there’s something magical hidden at the base of it. There’s a whole other side [of me] that people didn’t know existed. ”


 “I don’t take anything for granted. There are 500 other girls right behind me. And I know that, because I was one of them. I remember what it’s like to be someone who’s always trying to get there — sending out tons of e-mails … trying to connect with some person who could connect me with some other person. And I wouldn’t be working at this pace now if I didn’t truly know that fame is fleeting.”

 The June issue of Vanity Fair hits newsstands in New York and L.A. on Thursday, May 5 and nationally and on the iPad on Tuesday, May 10.




No comments:

Post a Comment