Pages

Saturday, May 7, 2011

Lady Gaga Covers Harper`s Bazaar May 2011


Lady Gaga is a couture diva for the May 2011 issue of Harper’s Bazaar US. Photographed by Terry Richardson the singer dons pieces from the likes of Tex Saverio, Dior, Versace ,Thierry Mugler and Alexander McQueen.

Tex Saverio dress
 For the provocative pop star, all the world’s a stage. Why? Because she was born that way.
 In her interview with the mag the star opens up about her body, fashion statements, what she thinks about plastic surgery, and more.


 “I have never had plastic surgery, and there are many pop singers who have. I think that promoting insecurity in the form of plastic surgery is infinitely more harmful than an artistic expression related to body modification.  I am an artist, and I have the ability and the free will to choose the way the world will envision me.”

Dior Haute Couture dress (by special order). Thierry Mugler vintage mask and gloves
 “I had all these number-one records, and I had sold all these albums, and it was sort of this turning point: Am I going to try and embrace Hollywood and assimilate to that culture?  I put my toe in that water, and it was a Kegel-exercise vaginal reaction where I clenched and had to retract immediately.  I ran furiously back to New York, to my old apartment, and I hung out with my friends, and I went to the same bars.”

Alexander McQueen dress and mask (by special order)
“The true luxury of my success is that I can do it all on my own terms now, even though the roller-coaster ride is still going. But now i own the roller coaster. I own the whole theme park, actually.”

Kiki de Montparnasse bra. Levante fishnets. Alexander McQueen booties
 'Born This Way' will have a tour, and after that tour will come another album and another Grammy performance, and the cycle continues." 

Thierry Mugler jacket, pants and shoes




No comments:

Post a Comment